Energy efficiency is good for the environment and can help you save money on your energy bills here in the Rio Rancho, NM area. Here are some tips from us at Franklin Insurance Agency to make your home more energy efficient:
- Change your lightbulbs to LED bulbs. LED bulbs are much more energy efficient than traditional incandescent or halogen bulbs and last much longer.
- Make sure your windows and doors are properly sealed. Even small gaps around window and door frames can lead to air leaks that cause your heating and cooling systems to work harder than necessary.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats allow you to set specific temperatures for different times of day, so you don’t have to waste energy by keeping the temperature too high or too low when no one is home.
- Unplug unused appliances and electronics. Many electronics draw power even when they’re not turned on, so be sure to unplug any items that aren’t in use.
- Use fans instead of air conditioning whenever possible. Fans use less energy than air conditioners, so using them instead of AC will help lower energy costs.
Simple changes like these can help reduce your carbon footprint and save money on monthly energy costs in the long run!
For more energy-saving tips or to explore a policy that will cover your home in case of the unexpected, call us at Franklin Insurance Agency today. We are proud to serve the Rio Rancho, NM area and would be happy to help you find a policy that meets your needs and budget.